Don't Go Trick-Or-Treating Until You Read These 8 Facts. You'll Thank Us Later
by N/A, 9 years ago | 2 min read| 1683
Sorry to be a downer, but the Halloween candy you're craving isn't all that good for you.
1. Artificial dyes, like the ones used in M&Ms, have been linked to ADHD in kids.
The science isn't 100% conclusive, but other countries have banned this dye.
2. Eating candies with palm oil is endangering orangutans.
This is due to deforestation. However, many candy manufacturers are beginning to harvest it responsibly.
3. A kid can receive over 11,000 calories worth of candy on Halloween.
Depending on how generous the neighbors are, of course!
4. Kit Kats, Milky Way, Nerds, Whoppers, Skittles, Butterfinger, and Twizzlers all have more than 15 ingredients.
Most of them are, you guessed it, sugars.
5. One ingredient in Butterfinger is TBHQ, a preservative chemically related to lighter fluid.
6. A beaver's butt excretion is an ingredient in vanilla, strawberry, and raspberry flavorings -Seriously!
Most of the time, it's labeled as "natural flavoring." So you'll never know...
7. Good news: Strangers haven't killed kids through Halloween candy.
8. Bad news: Relatives have.
In 1978, one man put cyanide in his son's candy to collect on a life insurance policy.
Do not show me this again