15 Shocking Facts About Pregnancy. The Longest One Was HOW Long?
by N/A, 9 years ago | 2 min read| 4038
Whether you've been pregnant, are pregnant, or have no intentions of having a kid, these facts are worth knowing!
1. The longest pregnancy was one year and ten days.
This woman deserves an award!
2. The only proven way to bring on labor is to stimulate the nipples.
3. You can get pregnant through oral sex. It's rare, but possible.
A girl in Lesotho became pregnant after she was stabbed in her stomach after performing oral sex on her boyfriend. She was born without a vagina.
4. The area of the world with the most twins? Central Africa.
Some people say this has to do with yams.
5. Babies start to urinate in the second trimester.
6. A baby will start to defecate at around 21 weeks.
However, it won't pass until after birth.
7. Women are born with a set number of eggs.
But men don't develop sperm until they hit puberty.
8. Whales and humans have the same size eggs.
Around .2mm, to be exact.
9. A baby has its unique fingerprints within the first three months of pregnancy.
10. One in every 2,000 babies is born with a tooth.
11. A woman's feet and heart increase in size while pregnant.
The heart grows to handle an increased volume of blood, and the feet swell due to fluid retention.
12. Babies can cry in the womb.
13. While pregnant, a woman's uterus will expand to about 500 times its original size.
14. A baby's face will form like this in the womb.
15. Orgasms can cause contractions.
Do not show me this again