If You're A Crazy Cat Lady You Would Love These 10 Places
by N/A, 9 years ago | 1 min read| 6146
If you love travel and you love cats, we've got just the spots for you!
1. Ernest Hemingway's Houseâ€”Key West, FL
Hemingway made a great friend in a 6-toed cat during his lifetime, so his house has become a sanctuary for 6-toed cats.
2. Cat Islanâ€”Tashirojima, Japan
The residents of this area are all such avid cat fans, as a group, that dogs are no longer allowed.
3. Catown Cafeâ€”Oakland, CA
This was the pioneer of Cat Cafes in America! True patriots...
4. Cat Cityâ€”Kuching, Malaysia
The name of this town actually means cat. The citizens really have started to own it!
5.Hermitage Museumâ€”St. Petersburg, Russia
In the 1700s, cats were brought into the museum to keep mice away. The tradition stuck!
6. Kattenstoet, the Festival of Catsâ€”Ypres, Belgium
This festival started in the 1950s...and it's EXACTLY what it sounds like.
7. Kattenkabinet (Cat Cabinet)â€”The Netherlands
This museum holds art that is dedicated to the lovely creatures that are cats. Although there's no actual cats here...sad face. :(
8. Stray Cat Hostelâ€”Istanbul
Perfect for all kinds of travelers...human AND felines welcome!
9. The Algonquinâ€”NYC
The owner of this hotel is supposedly extremely hospitable and can't resist a stray who wanders in.
10. Lady Dinah's Cat Emporiumâ€”London
This was London's first cat cafe. Don't you just want to cuddle up with a kitten and some tea in here?
Do not show me this again