13 Animals Who Have Some Unusual Best Friends...I Was Surprised By #3
by N/A, 9 years ago | 1 min read| 914
Sometimes the most unusual circumstances can lead to the most unusual friendships among animals.
1. Pippin the deer and Kate the dog.
When Pippin was abandoned by her mother, Kate swooped in to fill that void. Pippin eventually went back to the wild, but she still visits her pseudo-mom.
2. Sabre the mini-horse and Arrow the dog.
Sabre and Arrow enjoy each other's company. Like in the video above!
3. Cassie the kitten and Moses the crow.
Cassie was a stray kitten that showed up at the Collito's backyard in 1999. They helped feed the cat, but so did a crow, who was later named Moses. The two were inseparable, and when Cassie was adopted by the family, Moses still showed up to visit.
4. Themba the elephant and Albert the sheep.
If you have some extra time, you can watch this documentary about Themba and Albert here.
5. Cleo the cat and Forbi the owl.
When Forbi was taken in by a Brazilian biologist, the owl quickly became friends with his cat.
6. Sahara the cheetah and Alexa the dog.
Sahara and Alexa have been inseparable since they were two months old.
7. Tarra the elephant and Bella the dog.
Tarra and Bella were friends for eight years when the mutt wandered onto the elephant sanctuary. When Bella has surgery, Tarra waited outside the sanctuary office for her.
8. Jet the dolphin and Miri the seal.
Jet and Miri are best friends at the Pet Porpoise Pool Marine Park in Australia.
9. Owen the hippopotamus and Mzee the tortoise.
This friendship has roots in the 2004 tsunami. When the waves hit Kenya, they separated Owen from his herd. After he was rescued, he was placed in a sanctuary with Mzee.
10. Leo the lion, Shere Khan the tiger, and Baloo the bear.
11. Mubi the monkey, and Iain and Daisey the Jack Russell terriers.
Mubi was rejected by her mother, so zookeeper Simon Jeffrey decided to raise.
12. Bea the giraffe and Wilma the ostrich.
Bea and Wilma were raised together at the Serengeti Plain exhibit at Busch Gardens in Florida.
13. Cat and fox.
Animals don't have to be domesticated to be friends. This cat and fox were seen playing, snuggling, and sharing fish together in the wild.
Do not show me this again