You Probably Had No Idea About These 15 Hunger Games Facts. I Was Shocked At #3
by N/A, 9 years ago | 3 min read| 6312
omg smart win facts Movies Books gifs Action Movies Film Noir Filmmaking The Hunger Games Non-Premium
1.Author Suzanne Collins said the hardest parts of the book to write were the deaths of the young characters.
2. Elizabeth Banks said that her character Effie's nails were the hardest thing to deal with.
They even made it difficult to use the bathroom without help.
3. Collins never intended to write a trilogy, but she knew there would be more to the story after Katniss almost ate nightlock.
4. There was a swear jar on the set of the first movie.
The director, Gary Ross says that Jennifer Lawrence contributed to half of its total.
5. Suzanne Collins used to be a staff writer for the Nickelodeon show Clarissa Explains It All.
6. Jennifer Lawrence lost her hearing in one ear while filming Catching Fire.
She dove into stagnant water and ended up with a double ear infection and then got his with a water jet in the same ear.
7. Kristen Bell wanted the role of Joanna Mason, but it went to Jena Malone.
8. The song "Safe and Sound," which is featured on the movie's soundtrack, was written and recorded in one day.
9. The idea for the Hunger Games came to be after Collins was watching t.v. and switched between a reality show and footage from the Iraq War.
10. Philip Seymour Hoffman only had eight days left of filming before he passed away.
11. Donald Sutherland, who plays President Snow, was so moved by his character, that after reading the script he sent a three-page email to director Gary Ross.
12. Katniss' last name, Everdeen, was chosen because of Bathsheba Everdene from Far from the Madding Crowd.
Collins felt that Katniss and Bathsheba were similar.
13. Many fans theorize that The Capitol is located in present-day Denver.
14. There were 450 wigs and 35 full-time makeup artists on set during the first movie.
15. The books have been translated into 51 different languages.
Do not show me this again