11 Food Hacks That Will Save You So Much Money
by N/A, 9 years ago | 1 min read| 1671
Spoiled food will be a thing of the past when you discover these awesome food-saving hacks.
1. Use your stale bread to make croutons.
Use different seasonings for different flavors.
2. Don't store onions and potatoes near each other.
This makes them sprout faster. Storing your potatoes with an apple will prevent early sprouting.
3.Turn the last traces of chocolate sauce or Nutella into a drink.
Add milk to the last of your Nutella to create a delicious drink and easily scrape it out of the jar.
4. Use overripe bananas to make banana bread.
5. Turn the last bits of mayo into salad dressing.
Add olive oil, herbs and spices to a jar and shake it up for an easy dressing.
6. Put your berries in a vinegar wash to keep them fresh longer.
Add 1 cup of vinegar to 10 cups of water and soak your berries in the mixture. Let them sit for five minutes and then rinse them with cold water.
7. Preserve your fresh herbs by storing them in oil.
8. Store all-natural butters upside down.
All-natural butters separate and leave a large amount of oil at the top of the jar. Turning it upside down will pull the oil to the bottom and the butter won't be stuck to the bottom of the jar.
9. Store onions in nylons.
This can makes them last up to 8 months.
10. Coat measuring cups in oil before measuring sticky substances.
This way you'll get an exact amount and have no wasted honey or syrup.
11.Keep bananas fresh by wrapping the stems in plastic wrap.
This keeps the gases released in the ripening process from spreading to other parts of the fruit.
Do not show me this again