If These 24 Things Have Happened to You, We're Sorry...but You're Now an Adult
by N/A, 8 years ago | 4 min read
Adulthood is a funny thing. It can happen faster than we ever expect, and sometimes we don't even notice.
If you've started suspecting you might have entered adulthood, here are the symptoms that you should be watching out for. If these things have started happening to you, we hate to be the ones to break it to you...but you are now an adult.
1. You have some friends who make more money than you. This is how you interact with those people.
2. You own a real bed, with a headboard and footboard and no one has ever peed in it, and that feels better than you ever thought it could.
3. Young people are very much beneath you.
4. Friends that you hate? You no longer have any. You've learned to only keep the good ones around.
5. Bills are real, and they are to be paid in a timely manner.
6. You gain your own identity, and it's the best.
7. You no longer want to stand at the bar all night. You're desperate to take a load off at the nearest table.
8. You're kind to retail employees because even though you're out of that world, you haven't forgotten what it felt like.
9. Your metabolism takes a large enough hit that you get a membership at one of these places.
10. Your parents start dropping marital hints and it gets old incredibly quickly.
11. You have a drawer where you only keep silverware.
And maybe, if you're Turk and JD...pancakes.
12. You realize teenagers SUCK.
13. You start giving zero f*cks about the opinions of those around you.
14. You have friends who make less money than you, and you handle conversations with them about money by staring at them like this:
15. You own a dish rack. You own shower curtains. You even own a cutting board.
16. IKEA is EVERYTHING.
17. You can't bounce back from a night out quite like you used to...
18. You've started to figure out how soon you need to reheat leftovers before they inevitably rot.
19. You go to bed on time and you love a good nap.
20. Maybe you're already about to get married, in which case get ready for the best...and shortest...night of your life.
21. You have a job where you're allowed to answer your cell phone without a regional manager biting your head off.
22. Bodily functions have become a bit more of a dice roll these days.
23. Your loneliness increases exponentially with every wedding you attend.
24. When it comes down to it though, you're just way more of a self-confident badass.
Do not show me this again