20 Facts About A Christmas Story That You Need To Know Before Watching It With Your Family
by N/A, 9 years ago | 3 min read| 15730
You have to know these facts about A Christmas Story before you sit down to watch it with your family this year.
Christmas Movies Celebrities holidays holiday Celebs Film Noir Filmmaking A Christmas Story Non-Premium
1. Scut Farkas' last name comes from the Norwegian word for wolf.
2. People in Cleveland volunteered their vintage cars for the movie.
3. Ralphie really wants a BB gun.
He says he wants one 28 times throughout the movie.
4. Flick's tongue was never stuck to the pole. They used a suction cup to make it seem like it was.
5. Chattering wind-up teeth were only invented a few years before the movie was set.
6. One of the kids in Ralphie's class is wearing a digital Dukes of Hazard's watch.
7. The book on Mrs. Shield's desk is from the 80s.
8. Every word that was mumbled during Ralphie's fight with Farkas was scripted.
9. The Davey Crockett that Farkas wears gained popularity in the 1950s.
10. Jack Nicholson wanted to play the part of the father, but that would've doubled the studios budget.
11. Bob Clark directed the movie "Porky's" and it was very successful. That allowed him to direct "A Christmas Story."
12. The movie's leg lamp can be seen on Google Maps when you look up the house from the movie.
Search 3159 W 11th Street, Cleveland, OH.
13. Bing Crosby's album can be heard in the background of the movie. The album was released 5 years after the movie takes place.
14. The word "Christmas" is spelled incorrectly on Ralphie's school book. It says "What I Want For Chistmas."
15. Wil Wheaton wanted to play Ralphie.
16. The short stories that inspired the film were published in Playboy.
17. The t.v. show The Wonder Years was inspired by the movie.
18. The film's screenwriter and narrator appears in the movie.
19. It took the writer and director 10 years to finalize the concept of the movie.
20. The director makes a cameo in the movie. He plays Swede.
Do not show me this again