19 Child Care Hacks That Will Make Being A First-time Parent A Breeze.
by N/A, 8 years ago | 4 min read| 51397
Being a parent is no joke, but there are things you can do to make it a little easier.
1. Use paper or silicone cupcake holders to keep hard-to-clean baby messes out of your car's cupholders.
2. Turn your faucet into a drinking fountain that toddlers can access easily.
3. Buy a water bottle adapter like this one, so you don't have to bring more than one bottle with you.
4. Freeze pacifiers to help soothe your baby's gums while their teething.
5. Baby food jars make perfect spice containers.
6. Use a pool noodle to keep your kid from falling out of bed.
7. Consider investing in the "Keep-It-Kleen" pacifier. If it's dropped, it closes, so it won't pick up any dirt from the floor.
8. Use a command hook to hand bibs on the back of your baby's high chair.
9. Put a laundry basket in the bathtub before you fill it up to give your baby a bath. You'll keep them from falling and keep their toys in one place.
10. Use Jell-o to make slow-melt popsicles.
11. Make a little sign, so your kids stop wasting toilet paper.
12. Use a hot glue gun to make slip-proof shoes.
13. Make this DIY washcloth hand puppet to make bath time a little more fun.
14. A kiddie pool is the perfect solution to a wandering toddler and will help contain any mess.
15. Cut a pool noodle and adhere it to the door to keep toddlers from getting lock in their rooms or slamming the door.
16. Make a spray bottle full of "monster spray" to help them relax at night. You can fill it with rose or lavender water or another relaxing scent.
17. Put sidewalk chalk in deodorant containers for easy storage and no more mess.
18. Spending time outside with your baby is important. Bring their playpen and cover it with a sheet. Place it in a shady area to protect from overheating, a sunburn or mosquitoes.
19. Rub a layer of Vick's Vaporub on their feet and put on some socks to calm down a night time cough. Rub some on your baby's chest if they're congested to help them breathe easier at night.
Do not show me this again