The 15 Most Outrageous And Remarkable Facts About Australia
by N/A, 8 years ago | 2 min read| 2313
All the things you never knew you never knew about the Aussies.
1. In ALL of Australia, not just its major city, there are only 23 million people.
2. The poisonous animal thing is WAY overplayed.
Maybe one or two deaths from snakebites occur each year, out of the thousands of reported bites. It's not as terrifying as it seems.
3. Same goes with sharks.
One fatal shark attack per year, compared to the hundreds people imagine.
4. People definitely flock to the coast when looking for places to live.
5. Australians make their money in creative ways...
6. Australians actually make the world's biggest gamblers, averaging more than $1100 per person .
7. The country is still technically ruled by the Queen of England, despite the fact that's clearly just for show.
8. Mosquitos actually ARE as bad as you've heard.
9. Australians actually do air dry clothes.
10. They rock the half flush.
11. Australians drive on the opposite side of the road as Americans, much like the United Kingdom.
12. There's no tipping down in Australia.
13. There really aren't any guns in Australia.
And naturally, there haven't been any mass shootings since they got rid of them. Why isn't everyone doing this...?
14. Australian bacon is more like Canadian than American bacon.
15. There's kangaroo and emu meat galore in Australian grocery stores.
Do not show me this again