Think Today's Beauty Rituals Are Obsessive? Look At What Women Used To Go Through
by N/A, 8 years ago | 3 min read| 343
A woman's commitment to beauty knows no boundaries and these vintage beauty routines totally prove that.
1. This "Hangover Heaven" mask was created by Max Factor and was used by many Hollywood starlets. The ice packets would melt and could be refilled.
2. Rubber beauty masks were used to smooth out wrinkles in the 1940s.
3. These suction cups were used to suck out skin spots.
4. The "Glamour Bonnet" was used to give women a glowing complexion by lowering the pressure within the bonnet to alpine conditions.
5. Vintage Fruit Mask
6. These machines were used to curl women's hair and took hours.
7. The "freckle proof" cape was used before sunscreen came along to protect your skin from the sun.
8. A 1940s beauty treatment at Helena Rubinstein's salon
9. "Slendering" salons were popular in the 1940s. They feature massage chairs that were said to cause weight loss.
10. This creepy mask applied heat to the face to improve circulation and reveal younger looking skin.
11. This vice-like contraption was created in 1930 by Max Factor. It was used to apply makeup perfectly.
12. A permanent hair procedure in Germany, 1929.
13. Vintage Blowdryers
14. In the 1930s, doctors tried to freeze off freckles using carbon dioxide. The patient's nose had to be plugged and she had to breathe through a tube.
Do not show me this again