23 Photos From The Baltimore Protests That You Won't See In Mainstream Media
by N/A, 8 years ago |
3 min read
Media outlets have been saying that a bunch of "thugs" are tearing up the city of Maryland...this is an outrageous statement for several reasons.Â
It does not take a "thug" to be horrified by civil injustice, like the murder of an unarmed black man named Freddie Gray, and it doesn't take a "thug" to be so upset that they act out.Â
In addition to this, so much of the protesting has been nondestructive...even BEAUTIFUL...and we think you should see some of these moments.Â
1. This young man wanted to make sure that all people present were staying healthy and hydrated.
2. The Bloods and the Crips did unite, but NOT to "take down the police," as has been erroneously reported. They united to protest and find justice for Freddie Gray.
2. There was no pause in the overt militancy...not even in the face of such youth.
3. Some protestors were even friendly with those standing guard.
4. This man wisely protected citizens from the police, keeping himself between them and not allowing them to do anything that could be seen as antagonizing.
5. The face of someone who still has hope for justice.
6. A man doing no physical harm, but yelling in frustration at the presence of such a militant authority.
7. A group of protestors singing passionately.
9. Protestors were also the ones who HELPED those who got roughed up in the process.
10. Whole families came out to show their desire for justice.
11. And when it came time for clean up...
14. ...Better believe it was the protestors, and other citizens of Baltimore, who did that, too.
23. When you hear about a great act of injustice, and then you hear about "thugs" "rioting," always make sure you find the other side of the story.