22 Pop Culture Facts That Will Blow Your Mind And Make You Feel Super Old
by N/A, 8 years ago | 3 min read
2000 was a long time ago, you guys.
1. 2000 is as far away as 2030.
2. Shawn and Cory are now older than Mr. Turner was on Boy Meets World.
3. High School Musical premiered nine years ago.
4. Britney Spears performed her "I'm a Slave 4 U" at the VMAs 14 years ago!
5. Britney also had her first kid (with good ol' K-Fed) 10 years ago.
6. Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston broke up, and Brangelina was born 10 years ago.
7. Discovery Zone closed its doors 16 years ago.
8. The Motorola Razr has been around for 11 years...
9. ...So is Facebook! (or Thefacebook)
10. Pac-Man is celebrating his 35th birthday this year.
11. Furby started haunting our dreams 17 years ago.
12. Buffy the Vampire Slayer premiered 18 years ago.
13. Here are how old each of the characters from Friends would be today.
14. Kids starting high school this year were born in 2001.
15. And that is the same year "Lady Marmalade" was a hit.
16. And they are YOUNGER than "Bye Bye Bye."
17. And while on the topic of NSYNC, they haven't released a new album in 13 years.
18. And it's been 20 years since they first got together.
19. Teen People hasn't published a new issue since 2006.
20. Andy from Toy Story would be 26 years old today.
21. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was published 8 years ago.
22. The announcement of who would play Harry, Ron and Hermione came out in 2000.
Do not show me this again