15 Hacks That Will Turn You Into The Hiking Expert Among Your Friends
by N/A, 8 years ago | 2 min read
Enjoy the warmth of summer and get hiking!
1. Here's what you need to bring with you.
2. Line your backpack with a trash bag to protect it, if it rains.
3. Get a hoodie with pockets so you can leave the backpack at home.
4. If you tend to blister easily, use petroleum jelly and bandaids on your feet before putting on hiking boots.
5. Try toe-sock liners to protect yourself from blistering.
6. Keep your phone in a plastic bag to protect it from spills in your bag.
7. Bring duct tape.
Duct tape has more practical uses that you may realize. Pack it, even if your hike is going to be a short one.
8. You can even get small rolls made specifically for hiking.
9. If you only want to bring a bit of it with you, you can also wrap some around a lighter.
10. Buy a Tick Key.
It's pretty gross to think about, but you'll be SO glad to have this on hand if you do end up needing it.
11. Where long socks, or tuck your pants into your boots.
You don't want to give ticks any space to get onto you.
12. Fill a prescription bottle with first aid essentials.
13. Use a binder clips to hang wet clothes off of your backpack.
14. Empty snacks into their own ziplock bags or containers, since pre-packed snacks usually contain a lot of air.
15. Know how to spot poisonous plants.
Do not show me this again