Rest Your Head On These 11 Facts About Dreams
by N/A, 8 years ago | 2 min read
These fascinating facts will help you get a better night's sleep.
sleep Science dreams Health Mental Health Cognitive Science Neuroscience brain chemistry Non-Premium
1. We forget more than 95% of our dreams.
2. External stimuli can start to infiltrate your dreams.
A study conducted by the European Sleep Research Society found that introducing smells to someone while they were sleeping resulted in them smelling those scents in their dreams.
3. You can dream during REM and non-REM sleep.
4. The average person will have more than 100,000 dreams in their lifetime.
5. Dreams are typically visual and auditory.
Perceptions of taste and smell occur less than 1% of the time while dreaming.
6. 50% of people report having had a precognitive dream or a dream that seems to tell the future.
7. 60-70% of adults have recurring dreams.
Women are more likely to have them than men.
8. Dreams can last anywhere from a few minutes to an hour.
9. People have reported that wearing nicotine patches intensifies their dreams.
10. People tend to remember negative emotions over positive ones in dreams.
Anxiety is the feeling that's most commonly remembered after dreaming.
11. A 1996 study found that children between the ages of 9 and 11 only remember 20-30% of her dreams.
Do not show me this again