13 "Crazy Girlfriend" Problems That Are Actually Just Cliches
by N/A, 8 years ago | 5 min read
There are a number of memes and comedy bits that rely on the old tired trope of "women, amirite?" or "look how crazy my GF is for expecting me to be/do such-and-such." Well, these forms of "comedy" are way overdone and pretty demeaning, and worst of all they haven't even been funny since the early 80s. "Oh, but Will, these things are true!" you say? No, they aren't. See below.
1. When you're trying to figure out where to go for dinner, why don't you offer a suggestion or two as well? Just because you might be paying doesn't give you license to ridicule your girl for being indecisive.
2. Yeah? You're bored waiting for her to get ready? How do you think she feels about watching football?
3. But really though, this is a legit question. You should at least try to care. You're lucky she's at least bringing it up instead of just dumping your ass.
4. So she has no right to say "no" to you? OK bro.
5. Wait, is this supposed to be funny because it's ridiculous that a woman could think she could have all these things?
6. Being a good and caring boyfriend doesn't always mean being a pushover. Stand your ground, brah. Having self-respect isn't the same as being a dick. But if you don't have self-respect, at least you'll get a cute cat out of it.
7. When she's all like, "yeah, totally, let's go up on the ferris wheel," then you discover she's afraid of heights. Am I right, boys? Wait, is this not a cliche?
8. Ah, the old "girls never say what they really mean" schtick again. Honestly, writing for Hollywood movies is incredibly male-dominated and misogynistic. While I'm not saying this never happens, I can be sure it doesn't happen nearly as often as it does in every other Rom Com where we're supposed to dislike a certain female character.
9. Well boys, I guess if we were just kind, aware, and not completely self-absorbed in the first place, then we wouldn't have to be manipulated, would we?
11. Is it really that humiliating to hold a purse? If she likes you enough to be seen with you in public, at least be courteous and lend a hand. It's hard to try on/sort through clothes while holding a bag.
Some of the things that could be in that bag: makeup, lipstick, gum. Maybe she carries this stuff around because she thinks you expect her to be made up all the time
10. TBH, this doesn't even make sense to me, not even counting the ridiculous comma placement.
12. When she CLAIMS to be good at Jenga but she's really NOT. Like, I thought we could trust each other. Oh, my bad. My editor once again told me this is not, in fact, a cliche.
Women tho, amirite?
13. You know what, maybe she feels like she has to say these 3 words because she feels like she can't be open about her feelings with you or she'll be "too needy."
Sometimes it's cool to listen.
Do not show me this again