17 Reasons Group Texts Are Both The Best And Worst Things About Texting
by N/A, 8 years ago | 3 min read
Group chats - the rise and fall of communication.
1. When your phone starts buzzing, you get so excited someone is texting you. Yay for being popular!
2. Oh wait... this is a group text?
Who ARE all of these people anyway?
3. Explaining the conversation to anyone else outside the convo just isn't going to happen.
4. The amount of inside jokes you have is actually insane. You get each other! This is true BFF love!
5. Now they're trying to make plans?! K, this is way more stress than I signed up for.
No one is ever free on the same date.
6. When you haven't checked your phone in an hour and suddenly you have 30 messages.
It's basically stress city.
7. Wait.. who the fuck are all these other people in the conversation?
You only have three of these numbers stored.
8. You say you can't make it to something, but everyone else just carries on the conversation in the group chat...
9. Is it possible to leave this conversation? Can I just tell them to text each other?
10. Someone doesn't agree about something, makes a passive aggressive comment and things get real, fast.
11. When you start a group text and hours go by, but no one has responded yet.
12. Someone makes a joke which everyone just has to respond to.
13. But whenever YOU make a joke, it's crickets.
14. As annoyed as you are, when someone tells a story about a horrible date or awful friend you just HAVE to listen.
15. Someone new joins the group chat and you're automatically suspicious of them.
16. Most of the time you're pretty much like:
17. But as much as you whine, you could never sacrifice the texts with your BFFs.
Here's to many more group messages.
Do not show me this again