Keep Your Cats From Scratching Up Your Furniture By Creating This DIY Cat Scratcher
by N/A, 7 years ago | 2 min read
Cats love scratching things. If you'd prefer they scratch a toy rather than your arms, follow these simple instructions to make a great (basically) free scratching toy for them!
1. Find a template you'd like to make. Cat shapes are fun.
2. Get a decent-sized piece of cardboard and glue your template to it.
3. Using a safety knife or box cutter, carefully cut out the template and cardboard. Be careful not to cut/scratch the table or floor you're working on.
4. Use more cardboard to cut several 2 centimeter-thick strips of cardboard. This is an important step, as you will use these strips to make the substance of your cat scratcher.
5. Cut a long strip of cardboard, and use it as the border of the cat scratcher. Apply glue, and carefully hold it in place.
6. Create another border to double the thickness of the edge. Bobby pins come in useful to keep the second strip in place.
7. Take the straight strips you've already cut, and adjust them for size.
8. Using glue and careful methodology, fill in the remaining open space with cardboard strips. Repeat until finished.
9. Add some catnip if you really want to give your cats a treat.
10. Finally, you'll have some very happy cats, and a very happy wallet as well!
For more detailed instructions, check out this video.
Do not show me this again