The 5 Steps to Hypothetically Digging a Hole to China
"You can't really dig a hole to China." "Not with THAT attitude."
It would be incredibly cool to be able to dig a hole to China and almost every '90s cartoon has talked about it. On 'Dexter', the boy genius both tried to dig a hole to China and built it into a 'Dungeons and Dragons' style board game.
China becomes one of many the things Arthur searches for while digging for treasure.
Plank and Johnny dug a hole to China on 'Ed, Edd, and Eddy.'
Other cartoons that talk about digging to China include 'Calvin and Hobbes', 'Scooby Doo', 'Darkwing Duck', 'The Simpsons', and 'Courage the Cowardly Dog'.
Digging a hole to China is pretty much impossible, which is why it's a running joke on cartoons, but what would make it possible?
Let's assume that the molten core of the earth will not destroy you or the equipment you plan on digging with
We're also assuming that the earth's density, gravitational force, and air resistance/pressure aren't going to play a HUGE role (even though in real life they totally would)
1. To geographically dig through the Earth to China, you would have to start in Argentina
2. Have a plan for what you're going to do with the literal TONS of dirt and rock you displace in your digging
3. Have a space suit or something that would protect you from the friction, pressure and also provide a steady supply of oxygen
4. Hope you don't run into any subterranean societies or underground mole people (even if they're the Indiana Mole Women)
5. Have someone to catch you on one end or else gravity will suck you back into the center of the Earth where you'll be yo-yo-ing back and forth by the magnetic and gravitational forces at play
Other than that, have fun trying to dig to China. It's probably easier to book a flight, but who are we to judge?