20 People Talk About How Hard It is to Live With PTSD
Approximately 7.8 percent of people in the U.S. have been diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder, according to the Nebraska Department of Veteran's Affairs. Here's what you should know people who live with it.
1. There's a serious stigma surrounding PTSD
3. You can start to feel out of control
5. It can be really paralyzing
7. It's an exhausting battle that you fight with yourself
9. The list of possible triggers can seem endless
11. It can affect the way you treat others
13. Trauma also happens outside of the military
15. For those who were affected by their time serving in the military, returning to civilian life can feel impossible
17. Most people associate PTSD with war, but it can be caused by any traumatic event
19. The disorder can make you want to harbor secrets
For more confessions about mental health, check out Whisper.