15 Tweets People Who Don't Have Snapchat Anxiety Will Never Understand
There's nothing more stressful than the ticking hourglass next to your streak number with bae.
Snapchat anxiety is a real thing, and it's time we talk about it.
Snapchat is like your cool older sister—incredibly popular and full of exclusive secrets you wish you didn't have to learn from her. What started as a way to send and receive unwanted dick pics is now a full-blown channel for all our social lives, as we try to make our Friday night stories look more epic than everyone else's.
Like any social media, though, Snapchat causes major anxiety. When I'm drunk, I go on a Snapchatting rampage, and wake up in a puddle of regret when I see my crush opened my 12 Snapchats and sent me nothing back. So, I turned to Twitter to see if there were other anxious Snapchatting souls that have experienced something similar. Turns out, Snapchat anxiety is a pretty big deal.
1. You worry people will judge your obsesssion
2. Your streak number with your BFF causes you great stress when you're waiting for them to Snap you back
3. If you're going on a 50 day streak, there's no stopping after that
4. Sometimes, Snapchat's filters are GD terrifying
5. You might as well have taken a trip to the plastic surgeon with some of those scary face filters
North West can especially relate to being afraid of Snap filters.
6. Re-watching your story after a night out and worrying what everyone else will have as blackmail material on you is your worst nightmare
7. Snapchat's always-changing BFF list reminds you of who you send your drunk snaps to
8. We've all sent a Snapchat to the wrong person...
9. ...usually, showing a side of us we really didn't want them to see
10. When your crush doesn't snap you back you assume they're not into you 😭
Cue that awful, heart-sunken feeling.
11. The weird glitch that happens when you open Snapchat and it zooms in real close on your face and magnifies every pore is always startling
12. Two words: FACE SWAPS
13. Leave it to Snapchat to make us feel like we're not invited to anything cool
14. Keeping up with everyone's stories is just as time consuming as the dozens of reality TV shows you watch
Especially watching Kylie Jenner's stories.
15. When someone screenshots your snap and you can't remember for the life of you what you sent, you automatically assume the worst
Probably a face swap with your cat, but STILL.