19 Reasons D.W. From ‘Arthur’ Was The OG Boss Lady
All hail the original queen of the side eye.
Honestly, D.W. from “Arthur” pissed me off as a kid. Like Angelica from “Rugrats,” she was the epitome of everything I was taught to not be: loud, rude and all around bossy. I related more to Arthur, the chill dweeb who just wanted to hang out with friends at the local ice cream parlor.
20 years later, I’ve realized Dora Winifred Read is the bossiest badass to ever exist on television. If I had the same amount of confidence as D.W. when I was just 4 years old, I would’ve been the CEO of some startup company by now. The girl questions the system and never takes no for an answer. I totally stand behind that. Let’s break down every single reason she deserves our praise.
- She realizes how flawed our political system is and calls out what’s really important.
2. She is the embodiment of feminism.
3. She’s the best type of opportunist.
4. In troubling times, she always has a solution.
5. She’s an original member of the twerk team.
6. She’s kind enough not to call strangers out on their stupidity…
7. … But is always willing to help Arthur out.
8. She knows how to overlook others’ flaws.
9. She isn’t afraid to call someone out on broken promises.
10. Let’s be real… She’s the queen of sneak dissing.
11. She has very refined tastes.
12. She’s a sound, logical thinker.
13. She knows when to focus on others and when to focus on herself.
14. She’s always got a side hustle so she can build her empire.
15. She has an impeccable sense of style.
16. … I mean, look at her beachwear. Iconic.
17. She always knows how to hit you where it hurts.
18. She has no problem letting you know when she’s salty.
19. And most importantly, she’s the reigning queen of the side eye.
All hail the Queen.