Make the most of this tart autumn fruit while it’s deliciously in season!
Pomegranates are starting to show up at your local grocery stores. Why? Because they’re in season from September through early winter. They’re incredibly flavorful, super versatile, but also quite underappreciated, IMO.
Here are 19 recipes guaranteed to make you a mega-fan of the pom.
1. Cranberry Pomegranate Margaritas
Obviously the first item on this list had to be a cocktail (haaaay!). First you’ll need to whip up a cranberry pomegranate simple syrup, then use it to make these delicious margaritas. Recipe here.
2. Pomegranate Oatmeal Power Bowl
Start your day the right way with this healthy bowl of oatmeal, quinoa, pomegranate, bananas, and various nuts and seeds. Recipe here.
3. Pomegranate Guacamole
One scoop of this pomegranate guacamole and you’ll be forever ruined for regular guac. Trust me. Recipe here.
4. Pomegranate Orange Sweet Potato Bake
Nothing says “fall” like baked sweet potatoes. Recipe here.
5. Persimmon, Pomegranate and Ricotta Salad
6. Pomegranate Roasted Carrots
Talk about easy, just toss carrots with pomegranate molasses, season, then roast in the oven. Recipe here.
7. Caramelized Butternut Crispy Kale Fontina Pizza
A wonderfully cheesy, vegetarian pizza served with a raw pomegranate salsa. Recipe here.
8. Lamb Chops with Pomegranate Relish
I mean, you could probably put this pomegranate, feta, and olive salsa on anything and it would be delicious. Recipe here.
9. Apple-Fennel Salad with Pecans & Pomegranate
This recipe proves you certainly don’t need lettuce to be considered an awesome salad. Recipe here.
10. Pomegranate Cheddar and Sage Cheeseball
This gorgeous ball of a savory cheese mixture rolled in pomegranate arils not only looks incredible, but it tastes incredible, too! Recipe here.
11. Pomegranate Mousse Pie
This mousse is so good that you could totally skip the graham cracker crust and serve it as a delicious dessert on its own. Recipe here.
12. Pomegranate, Arugula, and Goat Cheese Sandwiches
There’s no better place for a pomegranate seed than between two pieces of bread. Recipe here.
13. Pomegranate and Brussels Sprout Salad
Raw Brussels sprouts FTW! Recipe here.
14. Greek Yogurt Cheesecake with Pomegranate Syrup
No baking required for this decadent dessert. Recipe here.
15. Coconut Waffles with Pomegranate Syrup
Fluffy, golden waffles topped with butter and a sweet and tart pomegranate syrup? Need I say more? Recipe here.
16. Chocolate Pomegranate Bark
Three simple ingredients, one healthy(ish) dessert/mid-afternoon snack. Recipe here.
17. Pomegranate Sesame Chicken with Ginger Rice Pilaf
Fresh mushrooms and broccoli round out these tangy, savory chicken and rice bowls. Recipe here.
18. Burnt Eggplant with Tahini and Pomegranate
You can serve it as a dip for vegetables or spread it out on warm pita. Recipe here.
19. Pomegranate Vanilla Sangria
I mean, wine not? Recipe here.