Who knew five ingredients could be so delicious?!
Just take a minute to let the delicious beauty of these fudgesicles sink in because they deserve it.
Now take a deep breath, because these weren’t bought in a store or a boutique ice cream shop, they were made right at home, and you can do it too.
But before we get to that part, let’s talk about what makes these fudgesicles truly next level.
- First, you’d expect them to be sinfully rich and creamy (which they are) but you may not expect them to be vegan (which they also are)
- Second, these chocolatey treats are actually deliciously disguising a full avocado and dates, so you’re getting a nice dose of green in your dessert
- Third, the toppings. I mean, not only are they beautiful but they also pack some nutritious punches depending on what you add from nuts and seeds to fresh fruit.
- Finally, they’re super simple to make?—?only five ingredients! Just blend up the ingredients, freeze, add toppings (or not) and devour.
Okay, now for the good stuff. You’ll need:
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashews
- 14 oz coconut milk
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup soft, pitted dates
- 1/2 cup cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
You can also add in any of the following for some unique flavors:
- Sea salt
- Any food-grade essential oils (peppermint, almond, hazelnut etc.)
- Diced fruit (strawberries, mangoes, pineapple etc.)
- Espresso powder
- Finely chopped nuts (cashews, pistachios, hazelnuts etc.)
And choose some toppings as well:
- Melted chocolate (white/milk/dark)
- Cacao nibs
- Espresso powder
- Chopped nuts or seeds
- Diced fruit
- Citrus zest
Here’s how to do it:
- Soak the cashews in a bowl of water for 4–8 hours, drain well and rinse.
- Add all ingredients to a high-power blender and blend on high until smooth. Add small amounts of water only if necessary.
- Add mixture to popsicle molds (making sure to knock the molds on a hard surface to remove any air bubbles)
- Freeze until set (at least 6 hours) and remove from the mold by running hot water on the outside until you can pull it out.
- Lay fudgesicles on a baking sheet and add any toppings you like
All images from My New Roots