The red carpet was the most exciting thing about the awards show.
It was a huge night for television last night at the 68th Primetime Emmy Awards. Stars gathered at Los Angeles’ Microsoft Theater to celebrate actors, writers and producers’ outstanding work in the television that keeps us glued on the couch for hours.
While the awards itself were pretttttty predictable (“People v. O.J. Simpson,” “Game of Thrones” and “Veep” stole all of the awards, of course), the red carpet was full of surprises.
From sparkles to pants to glamorous trains and even YELLOW (yep, yellow might just be the new black), these were the standout looks we can’t get enough of!
1. Angela Bassett rocked this stunning yellow gown with big sleeves
2. Priyanka Chopra legit looked like a fairytale princess in this scarlet red gown
We will forever be staring at this GIF:
3. Tori Kelly went old Hollywood glam with a velvet black gown and retro waves
4. Sarah Paulson stunned in a sparkly green gown with a daring plunging neckline and we are 100% about it
5. Kerry Washington was a glowing goddess showing off her baby bump in a fitted black cutout dress
6. Sarah Hyland went for pants paired with a strapless floral train
7. Ariel Winter channeled Kylie Jenner in a gorgeous sparkly sheer gown
The reality star wore a shorter version of this dress just a couple days ago!
8. Taraji P. Henson went for a simple, spaghetti strap gown that felt like a ’90s throwback
9. Claire Danes looked like an Emmys statuette in this golden gown
10. Sofia Vergara went for a form-fitting one-shoulder dress that showed off her curvaceous figure
11. Maisie Williams brought some serious slayage to the red carpe—and THOSE BANGS ????
Is it just us or is she totally channeling Kendall Jenner’s AMA look last year?!
12. Sophie Turner went for a goth-glam look
She also revealed she got a matching tattoo with Maisie Williams in case their characters on “Game of Thrones” are killed off. Talk about #BFFGoals!
13. Minnie Driver wowed in a yellow cutout dress
14. Kristen Bell went for a full ball gown look in this stunning nude patterned dress
15. Padma Lakshi wore this dazzling silver dress that was chic AF
16. Laverne Cox also brought her fashion A-game in this golden gown, looking fierce as always
What was your favorite Emmys look?