Grab yourself a slice of summer!
Pizza is a dish sent from the gods for lowly humans to adore and shove into our faces. While no one can argue that no pizza is a bad pizza, I will argue that watermelon is also a heavenly summertime gift that I like to shove into my face. And now that watermelon pizza is a thing, you can enjoy the best of both worlds.
So grab your plates and look up to the sky, watermelon pizza is here.
This beautiful masterpiece of fruit pizza is simple to make and even simpler to eat. You’ll need:
- 1 small (whole) watermelon
- 5 Tbsp yogurt (your choice)
- 3 Tbsp granola
- Assorted fruit for toppings
- Agave nectar
Here’s how the magic happens:
- Halve your watermelon through the center (keeping the round, pizza-like shape)
- Continue to cut into 1-inch rounds
- Slice into 6–8 pieces
- Add yogurt topping from the tip to the rind
- Top with fruit, granola and drizzle agave over the top
But if you’re feeling a little more savory, you can switch up your toppings
Like in this version which uses feta, kalamata olives, mint and a drizzle of balsamic dressing.