Sponsored by LETHAL WEAPON on FOX
We’ve been in love with Damon Wayans ever since his hilarious role as Michael Kyle in “My Wife and Kids.” Now with his triumphant return as the star of “Lethal Weapon,” starting Wednesday Sept. 21 at 9/8c on FOX, we couldn’t be more excited to have him back.
Playing the devilishly handsome cop and family man Roger Murtaugh, Wayans stars alongside Clayne Crawford as bad boy Martin Riggs. Together they’re polar opposites and the ultimate buddy cop duo.
While this may seem like a departure from Wayans’ typical comedic roles, the reboot of the 1987 film packs just as much comedy as it does heart-racing action. Plus, we can’t wait to stare at him for a full hour every Wednesday night.
Here’s a look back on all the reasons Wayans will forever be our favorite TV dad.
1. He’s an incredibly strong father figure.
2. He’s always a proud parent…
3. …unless his kids do something deeply embarrassing.
4. He tries to give good advice, even if it doesn’t always make sense.
5. He puts up with just about anything for the sake of his kids.
6. He picks the right moments to drop serious wisdom.
7. He has the best explanations for how babies are born ????
8. His father-daughter conversations are adorable.
9. And most importantly, his dad bod is on fire.
Damon Wayans is now back as TV’s quintessential family man and one half of action’s biggest pair. His role as Roger Murtaugh will make us laugh, cry and root for him as he vows to protect his family. Wednesdays just got 100 times better.
Don’t miss the series premiere of “Lethal Weapon” this Wednesday Sept. 21 at 9/8c on FOX!