Sponsored by CBS4 News
From Broad Ripple to Mass Ave., Indianapolis is full of hidden gems. That’s why we’ve asked local experts Bob Donaldson, Debby Knox and Chris Wright of CBS4 News for the inside scoop on their favorite hot spots. Whether you call the Hoosier state capitol your hometown or you’re just passing through, we’ve got you covered for the perfect Indy weekend. Even natives might be in for a surprise or two.
- No visit to Indy is complete without a shopping day at Mass Ave Arts District (that’s Massachusetts Avenue for you out-of-towners). From the art galleries, independent restaurants and eclectic boutiques, you’re sure to find something truly unique.
- Instagram Indy! Give your followers something to ?? at Debby Knox’s favorite photo op in the city: the dancing lady sign on Indianapolis’ Cultural Trail.
- Exhausted? Perk up with a cup of coffee from Bob Donaldson’s top spot Hubbard & Cravens.
- Round out the day with a picnic in Eagle Creek Park, where you might just spot Debby relaxing with a little wine and cheese.
- Hungry? Make the most of your cheat day at one of Indianapolis’ best burger joints. Debby loves Working Man’s Friend, Bob votes for Bub’s Burgers & Ice Cream and weatherman Chris Wright swears by the burgers at The Living Room Lounge.
- Take the kids out for a day of exploration at the Children’s Museum of Indianapolis. With an extensive fossil collection and exhibits on the arts, sciences and humanities, this top-notch children’s museum is often ranked the nation’s best.
- If the kids aren’t tuckered out after the museum, take them outside! Chris Wright and Bob Donaldson agree: Holliday Park is great for the whole family.
- Make it a pizza night! Chris and Debby love take-out from HotBox while Bob’s go-to spot is Roselli’s for a homemade-style pizza.
- Get out of town and enjoy nature with a day trip to Turkey Run State Park. Breathtaking rivers and sandstone gorges less than 90 minutes outside of Indy.
- Or stay in the city and catch a Colts game at Lucas Oil Stadium.
- Don’t forget to grab a souvenir! Chris gets his one-of-a-kind finds at Silver In The City while Debby says the best presents come from the Indianapolis Museum of Art’s gift shop.
- Can’t get enough Indy? Tune in to CBS4 News for the stories that matter to your city.
*All recommendations are personal opinions of the CBS4 news team, not paid endorsements.